What Is a James Hardie Preferred Contractor?
James Hardie prides itself on the superiority of its fiber cement products. They continue to raise the bar for the rest of the industry, but even the best products can fail when they are not properly installed by trained and knowledgeable professionals.
James Hardie wants homeowners to feel confident that their products will be installed properly to get the ultimate performance. That’s why they developed their James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program.
How Contractors Qualify for the James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program
To receive the James Hardie preferred status, contractors must have a proven track record of quality results, satisfied customers, and demonstrate high standards. The James Hardie Contractor Alliance Program requires contractors to:
- Receive regular and random installation audits by James Hardie
- Have a satisfactory record with the BBB or other accredited agencies
- Be professionally licensed and fully bonded
- Maintain liability insurance of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Have workman’s compensation insurance
- Comply with James Hardie Installation Best Practices
- Successfully pass background checks
- Implement a professional sales approach
- Maintain a satisfactory credit report
After receiving a James Hardie siding installation, a third-party surveying service is used to assess all contractors by soliciting input from customers. This feedback assists in the selection of contractors for the James Hardie preferred status.