Repair Technician – Arlington Heights
M&M Home Remodeling Services is currently searching for Roofing Repair Technicians to join our Arlington Heights team! You will be responsible for steep-sloped roofs. Roof Repair Technicians are responsible for assembling roofing materials including asphalt shingles, metal panels, slate and wood shingles into a watertight system. Roof Repair Technicians will be able to identify specific types of roofing materials and know how to install and repair those materials.
Applicants must have previous experience doing installations for home remodeling. This person must have an extensive background with handling repairs for slope roofing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform service calls, repairs/maintenance in accordance with job specifications and safety including repairs of roof systems and warranty repairs
- Continuous communication with customers and Field Superintendents on progress of the job
- Perform quality inspections after the repairs are completed
- Complete all reporting documents and paperwork
- Year round work including in the heat and sub-zero weather
REQUIRED SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience with slope roofing
- Clean driving record; this position requires driving a company owned vehicle to job sites
- Minimum two years of installation experience
- Knowledge of ladders, tools and safety equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Must be capable of great workmanship
- Opportunity to learn, grow, and increase your earning potential.
- Ability to lift, carry and move items weighing less than 75 lb.
- Ability to stand, bend and kneel repeatedly or for extended periods of time
- Valid driver’s license
To be considered for the position, please complete our Culture Index survey by clicking HERE as we’d like the opportunity to get to know you. Note: there are no right or wrong answers. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
- Health Insurance (3 Plans to pick from United Health Care)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (Ameritas)
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits offered on 1st of the month following your start date
- 401K (eligible after 3 months, employer contribution)
- Short & Long Term Disability Benefits
- Ongoing Learning and Development Opportunities
- Quarterly Recognition Breakfast
- Team Outings
- Volunteer Opportunities
About M&M Home Remodeling Services:
M&M Home Remodeling Services is a family owned, full-service exterior home improvement contractor that has been servicing Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana for over 46 years. Since its formation, M&M has fostered a culture of putting customer satisfaction first, providing quality products and service, competitive pricing and taking the guess-work and worry out of the home improvement process. We specialize in roofing, siding, gutters, windows and doors. Please visit our website to learn more about working with us!
We treat employees like part of our extended family because we know our success is dependent on the strengths, talents, and cohesiveness of our team. We provide team members the tools, training, and passion to successfully reach their personal development goals, as well as the growth goals for the company as a whole. In addition to a nurturing and inviting environment, a career at M&M offers medical & dental & vision insurance plans, paid holidays, corporate social investment volunteer opportunities, and company recognition events & trips.
M&M is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. M&M supports an inclusive workplace where our employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.